Work With Us!
Plant Based News is the leading mission-led impact media platform focused on elevating the plant-based diet and its benefit to human health, the planet, and animals.
Plant Based News values our team. We offer a range of benefits, competitive wages, and more.
If you are interested in one of our roles please send us your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Office in central London
Face-to-face time when necessary
For full-time staff
Work remotely from anywhere in the world
Bike to work
For full-time staff
Want to join the team?
View our job openings below.
Head of Tech
Plant Based News is currently in hyper-growth mode, looking for a tech guru to take our digital tech to the next level. We are constantly growing and innovating in the media space, and we’re looking for a motivated and career-driven person who can help build out the role and help grow the business and reach of our digital media publishing platform.
- 6 – 8 month contract
- 40 hours per week (full-time)
- UK timezone (or similar)
- Server management
– Staging Server Management & setup
– Backups & Restore
– Security & Hacking
– CDN (Content delivery networking) CloudFlare, caching etc
– Google Tag manager
- Tech Stack Management (adding, removing elements, optimizing)
– Plugin Management
– Updating WP and other plugins
– Plugin Auditing
- Site speed and performance
- Project management of upgrades (Some project management experience)
- Develop roadmaps for growth (working with the growth officer)
- Coordinate with agencies who are building
- Data & Analytics
– Reporting on stats
- Tech side of Monisitation: To deploy and deliver ad technologies and other tools for generating revenue on the site.
– Google ads
– Integration with ad tech platforms
- People Manager: Can effectively coach, mentor and provide feedback to your team, helping the growth and development of team members.
- Great communicator: highly empathetic communicator able to develop authentic, trustful relationships with the team, de-escalate tough issues, negotiate, persuade, and manage expectations.
- Proactive: self-starting, disciplined, and highly responsive to the team, able to problem solve active issues, de-escalate, and provide detailed follow-ups.
- Problem solver: Ability to generate solutions and initiatives that create impact within the organisation
- Data-driven: Ability to extract, organise and interpret data to support process improvement and decision making
If you know of anyone who would be perfect for this role, please share!
Associated Creative Director
- Lead discovery processes with clients, define requirements and customer experience strategies to address customers unmet needs and deliver meaningful growth for clients
- Oversee the research, journey map, blueprinting, storyboarding, and testing of campaigns that lead to enhanced customer/user satisfaction and improved brand reputation on our platform or off our platform using traditional or digital media.
- Able to operate collaboratively and effectively across the entire company
- Able to speak the language of Brand, Technology & Business and can make the case, persuade and sell in brave concepts.
- Not fearful of getting your hands dirty, able to craft product concepts, sitemaps, service blueprints and experience journeys. (especially in the early stages of the role as we realise the expected growth)
- Have a critical understanding of digital products, services and media and can reference these without needing extensive research
- Are empathetic to a fault – you respect others feelings and their time, enabling you to understand and strategise for the end-users emotional and rational needs
- Are pragmatic and confident in your own skin free from the pitfalls of jargon, hyperbole, and arrogance!
- Committed to the highest standard of craft in the execution of work digital design, manipulation of technology to serve the idea.
- Elevate the visual craft and aesthetic across the board. Offline and online
- Contribute to holistic thinking around strategy and creative points of view on a brand experience, including how a business acts, how a brand looks, or how a vision comes to life through a customer’s entire experience.
- Inspire clients with innovative creative thinking, grounded in business strategy
- building an environment for the creative team to work in and overseeing their ideas and projects
- taking responsibility for the creative philosophy and the standard of output across the Plant Based News platform as a media company
- overseeing several projects from start to finish, keeping to deadlines, and signing off on these projects before they are presented
- liaising with clients (along with the account manager and to keep them informed and to highlight any issues
- understanding the commercial aspects of the internal agency aspect for our platform
- You must have a depth understanding of social media platforms, content creation, and how each platform displays and
- Stay up to date on all the latest design and digital marketing trends and social media fads is important, with a desire to research marketing trends and strategies and the technologies used in advertising practices.
- Competitors analysis – keeping up to date with the media landscape at all times.
- Direct experience creating visually engaging social content and campaigns
- Highly Desirable Experience within a media company or media platform is a huge advantage
- Highly proficient in leading design software especially with Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Experience developing detailed and visually appealing case studies
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to clearly present design rationale and decisions
- Understanding of human-centred design methodologies and the ability to recommend different project approaches
- Rigorous attention to detail and the application of design best practice and principles of design Psychology
- Ideal but not essential a relevant qualification in Design, Psychology, HCI, Cognitive Science or Product/Industrial design, or equivalent industry experience would be advantageous
- The ability to manage your own workload and deliver work to an impressive standard and within project timelines.
C-Suite (CEO, CFO & CRO)
As Plant Based News grows, we are interested in hearing from individuals with c-suite level experience. We have huge plans and need strong leadership. Could this be you?
Plant Based News is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.