Baked potatoes stuffed with a hearty barbecue lentil mixture and dressed with sriracha mayonnaise. The potatoes and the lentil mixture cook together once everything is in the instant pot.
- 3 large or 4 to 5 medium size russet potatoes about 1 1/2 pounds [680 g]
- 1 1/2 cups 355 ml water
- 1 tablespoon melted vegan butter or safflower or sunflower oil
BARBECUE LENTIL MUSHROOM FILLING
- 1/2 medium size red onion finely chopped (about 3/4 cup [120 g])
- 4 ounces 115 g mushrooms (white, cremini, or a combination), thinly sliced (about 11/4 cups)
- 1 medium size carrot finely chopped or shredded (1/2 cup [60 g])
- 1/2 cup 60 ml vegan barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup 120 ml water
- 1/4 cup 50 g dried split red lentils
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped (about 2 teaspoons) 1 tablespoon Barbecue Spice Blend (page 45)
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar or sweetener optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/4 cup 55 g vegan mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sriracha or less based on heat preference
- Chopped fresh parsley cilantro, or chives Red pepper flakes
- For the potatoes, scrub the potatoes well, then poke holes in them with a fork or knife.
- Put the water in the inner pot, set the steamer rack inside, and put the potatoes on the rack.
- For the filling, in a stainless steel container that fits your Instant Pot, combine the onion, mushrooms, carrot, barbecue sauce, water, lentils, garlic, Barbecue Spice Blend, sugar if using, and salt. Stir to mix well.
- Place the container on top of the potatoes. Cover with foil or a lid. Lock the lid into place, set the Pressure Release Knob to Sealing, select the Pressure
- Cook/Manual setting at high pressure, and set the cook time to 17 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally, then open the lid. Remove the pan with the lentils and stir to mix. The mixture will continue to thicken as it sits. Taste for seasoning, adjusting if needed.
- For the sriracha mayonnaise, stir together the mayonnaise and sriracha in a small dish, adding a bit of water, if needed, so it will be easy to drizzle.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle but still warm, slice open. Brush the melted vegan butter on the cut potatoes and fill with the barbecue lentil mixture.
- Drizzle with the sriracha mayonnaise, garnish with parsley and red pepper flakes, and serve warm.
This recipe was republished with permission from Vegan Richa. Find the original recipe in ‘Vegan Richa’s Instant Pot™ Cookbook’ which you can purchase here!