Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Homemade Vegan Bounty Bars | 7 Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cup
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp coconut yogurt or cashew yogurt 100g (*see recipe notes)
- 1/3 cup powdered Erythritol or Xylitol 60g (*see recipe notes)
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 cup
- or chocolate of choice (90g)
- 1 tsp
- Process the shredded unsweetened coconut, the Erythritol (or Xylitol or powdered sugar), and salt in a food processor. Blend for some seconds, then add the coconut yogurt and vanilla extract. Blend again.
- Scrape down the sides with a spatula or spoon and blend again until all the ingredients are well combined. If the mixture is too wet, add more shredded unsweetened coconut. If it’s too dry, add more coconut yogurt.
- Take out about 1 heaped tbsp of the mixture and form it into a rounded bar (similar to the shape of bounty bars) with your hands. Do this until no coconut dough is left.
- Place all coconut bars onto a plate and freeze for at least 45 minutes or until firm (longer is better).
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil in a double boiler (or in the microwave).
- Dip each coconut bar into the chocolate sauce and freeze again for about 15 minutes.
- Store leftovers in the fridge or in the freezer! Enjoy!
- I used Erythritol as a sweetener. To make powdered Erythritol, simply process the granulated Erythritol in an electric coffee/spice grinder. You can use powdered sugar instead (for a non-keto version).
- You can probably use coconut cream (the hard part of a can of coconut milk after you put it into the fridge overnight) instead of coconut yogurt. Please note, that I haven’t tried making this recipe with coconut cream but it should work just fine!