- 180 g all purpose flour
- 40 g cacao powder
- 50 g icing sugar
- 120 g vegan butter chopped
- 2 tbsp cold water
- pinch salt
Cranberry Orange Jam
- 200 g cranberries
- 100 g maple syrup
- 50 ml water
- 1 orange zest and juice
Chocolate Orange Ganache
- 350 g dark chocolate
- 200 ml vegan cream
- 100 ml orange juice (3 oranges)
- 2 tsp orange extract
- Sift the flour, icing sugar, cacoa powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Add in the chopped vegan butter and work into the dry mix until crumbly.
- Add the cold water and compress into a ball. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Scatter flour on a work surface, remove the pastry from the fridge and roll out to a thickness of 4mm.
- Spray your tart tin with baking spray (or rub it with butter) and a light dusting of flour.
- Pick up the pastry using a rolling pin and drape over the tart tin. Press the pastry against the tart tin all the way around and cut off the excess.
- Place parchment into the tart tin with baking beads or dry lentils/rice and blind-bake for 25 minutes. Remove the baking beads and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Take the tart case out of the oven to chill while you work on the fillings.
- Place all the ingredients in a pot over medium heat. Stir constantly and bring up to a boil for 5 mins.
- Gently smash the cranberries against the side of the pot. Continue to cook for 10-15 minutes until the jam is thick. Optionally, use a hand blender to purée the cranberry jam.
- Once ready, allow the jam to cool for 2 hours and then spread across the base of the cooled tart crust.
- Heat the vegan cream on the hob with the orange juice and orange extract. Once it is hot, pour the hot cream over the chocolate. Leave for 1 minute and then mix together until homogenous.
- Pour the ganache over the jam layer.
- Garnish with decorations.