- 400 g/2½ cups plain flour use GF if required
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200 g vegan mini eggs eg Doisy & Dam or use alternative
- 150 g/¾ cup golden caster sugar
- 170 g/¾ cup soft light brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 250 g/1 cup vegan butter we used Naturli block, very slightly softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp ground flaxseed combined with 3 tbsp water, mixed in a bowl and set aside
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (fan)/350ºF/Gas Mark 4.
- Grease and line a deep square baking tray (20cm x 20cm).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine thoroughly and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients until creamy and soft.
- Spoon the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and combine. You’ll probably need to use your hands to form into a soft dough.
- Firmly and evenly press the dough into the lined baking tray.
- Place the tray in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Check after 15 minutes and if it is browning too quickly then cover it with tin foil and place back in the oven.
- Best served warm and gooey.