Mince pies packed with extra healthy goodies like spices, chia, flax, ground almonds, nuts and of course yummy fruit!
- 75 g medjool dates
- 125 g mixed fruit
- 50 g dried apricots
- 25 g cranberries
- 25 g crystalised ginger
- 25 g ground almonds
- 1 tbsp chia
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped nuts
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 4 tbsp filtered water
- 50 g ground almonds
- 50 g gluten free oat flour
- 60 g buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- 3 tbsp almond milk
To make the filling:
- Place the dried fruits in a large bowl, cover with water and soak for an hr or so until soft.
- Squeeze the excess liquid out of the fruit then blitz in a food processor with the crystalised ginger until roughly mixed.
- Add the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl, stir to combine. Then add the fruit mix and mix to combine thoroughly.
- Then add in the grated ginger and salt. Stir thoroughly to combine everything.
To make the pastry:
- Make the flax egg by mixing the ground flax and water in a bowl – set aside to thicken.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine. Then add in the oil, almond milk and flax egg. Mix throughly to form a dough.
To make the mince pies:
- Pre heat oven Gas mark 5/190c. Grease a bun tray (12 holes) with a little coconot oil.
- Reserve a 1/4 of the dough to make the star toppers.
- Roll out the larger ball of dough and cut into 8cm circular shapes with a cutter.
- Place the pastry rounds into the base of the bun tray. Press into the bottom. Prick each pastry base a few times.
- Add around a 1 tbsp of the filling into each base.
- Roll out the remaining dough and cut into small stars. Place on top of the pie filling and press done a little.
- Bake for 25 minutes then allow to cool a little before eating.
To make the pastry:To make the mince pies:This recipe was republished with permission from Rebel Recipes. Find the original recipe here.