- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup organic sugar if you don’t want to use white sugar I would suggest using something lighter in color
- 1 ‘egg’ whatever egg replacer you like
- 1 ½ tsp anise
- ¼ cup plant milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- ½ cup organic powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp warm water
- Sprinkles of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a bowl cream together sugar and butter. Once creamed together and it looks like mashed potatoes add in your egg, plant milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Mix together until well incorporated. Then sift your flour into the bowl. You don’t have to do this but I do think it helps the dough come together nicer. Add in baking powder as well. Mix together and then add in anise. If you want a stronger flavor add in 2 tsp. I prefer a lighter taste of the anise in the cookie so I always go on the side of less.
- Once the dough is all mixed together scoop out 1 tbsp cookies and roll into balls.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper Bake for about 15 minutes. Or until cookies have slightly flattened and are a little springy to the touch. Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before icing.
- To make the frosting, add in all ingredients to a bowl mix well to combine. If you wan, taste a cookie and if the anise flavor isn’t coming through add in a ¼ tsp anise.
- To ice your cookies simply dunk them into your icing and then add your sprinkles on top.