Dreamy banana bread made without eggs, milk, gluten OR sugar! What’s in it? Magic!
- 4 medium bananas around 480g
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 75 ml dairy free milk
- 90 ml water
- 75 ml coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 25 g gluten free oats
- 30 g coconut flour
- 180 g gluten free flour
- 75 g nuts chopped
- Coconut flakes roughly chopped (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180c.
- Mash three of the bananas, add them to a large bowl with the ground flax seed, milk, water, oil and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- In another bowl mix the salt, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, oats, gluten free flour and half the nuts. Do not overmix the batter.
- Transfer to a non-stick loaf tin. Add the remaining banana, cut into two, to the top. Finally sprinkle on the remaining chopped nuts.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until risen well and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes and serve with coconut yoghurt or nut butter.
You can follow Arpita’s vegan chef journey on Instagram.