These yummy Vegan banana bread muffins are great with a cup of tea on an autumnal day.
- 2 Ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup Bob's red mill gluten – free all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup dairy free semi-sweet chocolate chips See my blog post for information on cocoa butter, a common ingredient in chocolate
- 1/4 cup Walnuts chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350º
- Peel and mash the bananas in a medium-sized mixing bowl. The bananas should be a paste-like consistency with few lumps. I find that using a potato masher makes this very easy
- Add the maple syrup, 1/4 cup of coconut oil, gluten-free flour, baking powder and vanilla. Stir to combine. The batter should be similar in consistency to thick pancake batter
- Stir in the chocolate chips and, if desired, the chopped walnuts
- Lightly grease the muffin tin with coconut oil
- Fill each of the muffin compartments 2/3rds full with the muffin batter
- Bake for 18 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into a muffin. The toothpick should come out cleanly.