- 1/2 cup almonds soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup cashews soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes soaked overnight
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 madjool dates pits removed
- splash bourbon (optional)
- Soak almonds, raw cashews and coconut flakes overnight. Or to speed up time, pour boiling water over bowl of mixed nuts and let soak for 1-2 hours. Strain and rise. Add soaked nut mix to blender with water, cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt and dates. Blend on high for 1 minute.
- Pour mixture into a nut milk bag and squeeze to strain the milk. (Alternatively you can use a thin tea towel, old t-shirt or pair of tights). Continue to squeeze, moving your hands around the bag to allow new areas to be milked, until you can no longer milk anymore liquid.
- Pour the freshly squeezed egg nog from your bowl back into your blender (this allows for easy transfer into a bottle). Transfer the egg nog into an air tight bottle and store in the fridge. Serve chilled, or warm for a latte style drink. Optional to add a splash of dark liquor (bourbon, brandy or cognac) for a spiked version.
- Vegan eggnog will keep in fridge for up to 5 days. Warm in a saucepan for a latte style version. Or serve chilled.