A simple, tasty and plant-powered way to start the day, these awesome one-bowl breakfast muffins are the real deal
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 180 g / 6.3oz Alpro Plain Unsweetened alternative to yoghurt
- 5 tbsp soya milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 120 g / 4.2oz coconut oil melted, plus extra for greasing
- 250 g / 8.8oz plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 lemons zest only
- 50 g / 1.8oz Granola
- 30 g / 1oz desiccated coconut
- 50 g / 1.8oz blueberries plus extra for topping
- 50 g / 1.8oz raspberries plus extra for topping
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 356°F fan-assisted.
- Peel the bananas and add them to a mixing bowl then mash them with a fork until smooth and runny.
- Add the vanilla extract, Alpro Plain Unsweetened, soya milk, maple syrup and melted coconut oil, and stir well to combine.
- Place a sieve over the bowl and add the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon powder and a pinch of salt and sieve all the ingredients into the bowl.
- Next, add the lemon zest, Granola, desiccated coconut and raspberries. Gently mash the blueberries with the back of a fork, then transfer them to the mixture. Use a wooden spoon to gently fold all the ingredients into the batter until everything is well combined, then set the bowl to one side.
- Grease a 12-hole muffin tray with coconut oil, then spoon the mixture evenly into the 12 holes. Smooth out the tops with the back of a spoon, then push an extra raspberry and a mashed blueberry into each muffin.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm, or store for up 4-5 days at room temperature, ideally in an air-tight container.