- 6 cups cooked steamed Japanese or short grain rice
- 1 cup homemade or store bought vegan kimchi
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms or tofu
- 1 cup beansprouts ot beansprout salad kongnamul
- 1 cup spinach or spinach salad sigumchinamul
- 1/4 cup sliced onion leeks optional for topping
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds optional for topping
- Sesame oil for drizzling
- 2 tbsp gochujang
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- To make the gochujang sauce, mix all sauce ingredients together until smooth! Feel free to add/lessen water depending on desired consistency.
- Sauté the veggies and mushrooms/tofu separately in a non-stick pan. Season them with some salt and sesame oil, to taste. Finish off with sesame seeds.
- Assemble the bowls by placing the place. Top with the cooked tofu/mushrooms and veggies. Add in 1-2 tbsp gochujang sauce (feel free to adjust depending on desired spice) for each bowl and finish off with sesame seeds, drizzle of sesame oil, and chopped leeks, if using.
- Mix everything together and enjoy!