Oil-free oven baked french fries with a crispy, flavorful outer coating and none of the fuss of frying!
- 5 large potatoes or about 5 lbs of potatoes
- 2 tbs tahini
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Wash potatoes well.
- Cut into slices and put fries into a strainer.
- Rinse well, then pat dry.
- Add potatoes slices to a large bowl and add tahini. Toss until everything is coated.
- Then, add cornmeal, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, paprika, salt and pepper. Toss until everything is coated.
- Evenly spread out fries on pan and cook until fries are golden and tender. Stir occasionally.
- Once fries are golden and beginning to brown, remove from oven and serve.
This recipe was republished with permission from Pure and Plant Based. Find the original recipe here.