Reading Time: < 1 minute
- 6 large bell peppers
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup vegan cheese shreds optional
- Pot of water
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 medium sized 650g total yukon gold potatoes, makes 2 cups cooked mashed potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil or vegan butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions or chives optional
- 1/2 cup raw lentils I used the orange variety, makes 1 1/4 cup cooked lentils*
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 can 150g sliced button mushrooms or sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cooked red brown, or black rice
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs feel free to sub with ground rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- *You can opt to use cooked canned lentils. Just make sure to rinse them well.
Cooking the potatoes and lentils:
Prepare a pot. Add water and salt. Leave to boil.
Wash the potatoes well. You can opt to peel or keep the skin on. You can also opt to slice them into smaller piece for faster cooking. But I prefer leaving them whole.
When the water boils, add in the potatoes. When the potatoes are around halfway cooked, add in the lentils.* If your pot has a division, that’s even better. I kept my potatoes whole so it’s easier to separate the potatoes and lentils. Boil until potatoes are cooked through and lentils are tender.
Remove them from the water. Separate lentils and potatoes. Leave to cool and set aside.