- 6 large bell peppers
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup vegan cheese shreds optional
- Pot of water
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 medium sized 650g total yukon gold potatoes, makes 2 cups cooked mashed potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil or vegan butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions or chives optional
- 1/2 cup raw lentils I used the orange variety, makes 1 1/4 cup cooked lentils*
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 can 150g sliced button mushrooms or sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cooked red brown, or black rice
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs feel free to sub with ground rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- *You can opt to use cooked canned lentils. Just make sure to rinse them well.
Cooking the potatoes and lentils:
- Prepare a pot. Add water and salt. Leave to boil.
- Wash the potatoes well. You can opt to peel or keep the skin on. You can also opt to slice them into smaller piece for faster cooking. But I prefer leaving them whole.
- When the water boils, add in the potatoes. When the potatoes are around halfway cooked, add in the lentils.* If your pot has a division, that’s even better. I kept my potatoes whole so it’s easier to separate the potatoes and lentils. Boil until potatoes are cooked through and lentils are tender.
- Remove them from the water. Separate lentils and potatoes. Leave to cool and set aside.