- 4 butternut squashes cut in half
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 red peppers diced
- 250 g mushrooms finely chopped
- 2 handfuls kale
- 6 sundried tomatoes chopped finely
- 4 tbsp pine nuts toasted
- 4 tbsp sunflower seeds toasted
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp Worcester sauce (vegan)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp thyme fresh
- Pre heat your oven to 180c
- Remove the seeds of the squashes and score the flesh diagonally.
- Place the butternut squash on baking trays and rub with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and bake for 45-60 minutes, until tender inside and caramelised on the outside.
- Add the onion and oil to a medium pan and fry gently on a low heat for around 10 minutes until soft and browning.
- Add the garlic and fry for a further minute. Next add the peppers and mushrooms and cook off 5-6 minutes until soft. Stir in the kale and sundried tomatoes. Turn off the heat when wilted.
- Toast the sunflower seeds and pine nuts in a dry pan until slightly golden.
- Add the sunflower seeds & pine nuts to a mini chopper. Pulse a few times.
- Add the seeds to the pan along with the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- When the squash is cooked load the filling into the cavities, top with fresh thyme and more toasted pine nuts. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.