- 250 g plain flour plus extra for rolling cookies on
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 150 g coconut palm sugar or caster sugar
- 2 linseed eggs (2 tbsp milled linseed and 6 tbsp water)
- 80 ml sunflower oil
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 100 g vegan white chocolate
- 50 g freeze dried strawberries or raspberries
- 50 g chopped nuts
- Pre heat oven to 180 C.
- Put the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl. Mix.
- Mix linseed egg, oil and vanilla in a separate bowl. Then add to the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix well (you can also do this with your hands).
- Sprinkle some flour on your kitchen surface. Roll out the dough to about 3mm thick. Add extra flour if dough is still too wet.
- Cut the dough into heart shapes or shape of choice using a cookie cutter.
- Place the cut cookie dough on a baking tray with baking parchment. Cook for 10-12 minutes. They are ready when they have just a very slight browning to them. Don’t worry if the cookies are still a little soft in the middle – they will harden out of the oven.
- Once cooked, put the cookies on a cooling rack. Once cool they can be decorated.
- Place a glass bowl over simmering water, and put chopped white or dark chocolate in the bowl to melt.
- Once melted, dip halve a cookie into the chocolate and immediately sprinkle with the dried fruit. You can also sprinkle with chopped pistachios if desired.
- Repeat process with the other colour chocolate on the rest of the cookies. Or you can use both colour chocolates on one cookie and make patterns using a toothpick.