- 300 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 185 g caster sugar
- 125 ml rapeseed oil
- 200 ml almond milk
- 2 oranges (juice of)
- 2 oranges (zest of)
- 90 g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Line and grease a 9×5" loaf tin.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the sugar and and mix with a wooden spoon.
- In a separate bowl mix together the oil, milk, orange juice, orange zest and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour into the loaf tin and place in the oven for 45-55 minutes. It should be starting to turn golden brown on the edges. Do the toothpick test and once it comes out clean, its ready. If it's not, leave in for a few more minutes.
- Make the icing by mixing the icing sugar and orange juice together until it forms a thick icing. Spoon onto the cake once cooled with the back of a spoon.
- Top with some extra orange zest and serve! Will make about 8-10 slices.
- Will keep in an air tight container for 3-4 days.