Light and fluffy 25-minute double chocolate swirl rolls with a cacao infused dough, chocolate spread filling and lots of dried fruits and nuts. This small batch of buns is quick and easy to make and naturally vegan.
- 100 g self raising flour
- q tbsp cacao powder
- 100 g plant based yoghurt (thick)
- 35 g chocolate spread
- 40 g dried fruit mix chopped
- vegan butter melted
- chocolate spread (to serve)
- dried fruit and nuts (to serve)
- icing sugar (to serve)
- Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and grease 2 muffins holes with vegan butter/margarine.
- Warm the chocolate spread so it’s smoother and runnier.
- Stir together the flour and cacao powder and now add in the yoghurt. Bring to a dough and tip onto a lightly floured surface. Bring the dough together with your hands and roll out to an oblong about 12cm x 30cm.
- Spread the top evenly with the chocolate spread and sprinkle over the dried fruits and nuts mix. Using the short end, roll the dough up tightly to form a swirl roll. Press down to seal the edge and slice in half.
- Place each swirl roll into a greased muffin hole, brush with extra melted butter/margarine and bake for 16 minutes until fluffy.
- Serve with extra chocolate spread (warmed if necessary), the dried fruits and nuts mix and dust with icing sugar.
Check out Amy’s Ebook here!