- 200 g vegan digestive biscuits
- 85 g vegan butter or spread
- 200 g raspberries
- 50 g caster sugar
- 300 g high quality dark vegan chocolate (70% cocoa), broken into pieces
- 200 g vegan milk chocolate broken into pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 150 g caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 310 ml water
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (fan)/350ºF/Gas Mark 4.
- Grease a springform cake tin (20-25cm diameter approx.) and set aside.
- Thoroughly blend all the base ingredients in a food processor or bash them with a rolling pin until fine and then pour them into a large mixing bowl.
- Gently melt the butter/spread in a small saucepan, on a low heat until fully dissolved. Combine thoroughly with the blended digestives.
- Empty the mixture into the bottom of the greased cake tin and press evenly. Place in the oven for 5-10 minutes until slightly golden. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium saucepan, mix the raspberries and sugar together on a medium heat. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until reduced down to a jammy consistency. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, break up the chocolate and add the salt. Set aside.
- Heat the sugar on a low-medium heat until melted and starting to turn amber.
- Remove from the heat then add the vanilla extract, coconut oil and water. Return the pan to a gentle heat and warm it up for a few minutes. Don’t worry if the sugar solidifies, just keep stirring it on a low heat until it dissolves again.
- Pour the heated liquid straight onto the chocolate and hand whisk continuously until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour half the chocolate mixture over the base, then pour in the raspberry layer but leave about 1cm around the edge. Pour the other half of the chocolate over the top and give the tin a little tap to even out the top.
- Place in the fridge and leave to chill for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Decorate with freeze dried raspberries and a sprinkling of cocoa or cacao powder.