Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Curry-Spiced Potato & Quinoa Cakes
- 800 g / 28.2oz white potatoes
- 50 g / 1.7oz quinoa
- 4 garlic cloves
- thumb of ginger 15g / 0.5oz
- 1 tsp onion granules
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 4 tbsp polenta corn meal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- coconut cream for serving
- small handful of fresh mint or coriander 10g / 0.35oz
- Slice the potatoes into quarters. Transfer to a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring them to a boil, then boil for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are completely soft. Drain, then leave to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, transfer the quinoa to a saucepan and cover with 150ml (5.2 fl.oz) of hot water from a kettle. Bring it to a boil, then cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the quinoa has cooked and there’s no moisture remaining. Then leave to cool completely.
- As soon as the potato and quinoa has cooled, preheat the oven to 200C / 392F fan-assisted and line a large baking tray with baking paper. Peel and dice the garlic and ginger, and finely chop half of the red chili (keep the seeds if you like it spicy).
- Transfer the potato to a large mixing bowl and mash until completely smooth. Add the cooked quinoa, garlic, ginger, chopped red chili, onion granules, curry powder, polenta and salt. Mix until everything is well combined, then separate the mixture into 6 evenly-sized pieces. Shape each piece into a large patty the shape of a hockey pick and transfer them to the baking tray. Brush them with olive oil, then bake them in the oven for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Turn the tray around halfway through to make sure they bake evenly.
- Slice the remaining half of red chili. Pick the mint leaves from their stalks and roughly chop them. Serve the potato cakes with the coconut cream, chopped chili and fresh mint.