Reading Time: < 1 minute
- 150 g + 30g Mint Dark chocolate or other dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 110 g ¾ cup self (raising flour)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 50 g 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 250 ml 1 cup almond milk (room temperature)
- 50 g 5 tbsp oil (e.g. sunflower, olive, cooled melted coconut)
- 12 candy canes
1. Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Melt 150g of chocolate over a bain-marie until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Stir together the chia seeds with 6 tbsp water and leave to set for 10 minutes. Add in the milk, oil and vanilla and stir well.
4. Add the flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar and a pinch of salt to a large mixing bowl and pour over the flaxseed mixture and then the melted chocolate. Stir until thick and combined.
5. Chop 30g chocolate and stir into the brownie batter. Pour into the lined tray and press the candy canes into the top. *
6. Bake for 20 minutes until firm on top but still slightly squidgy. Allow to cool before slicing.
*to make sure the candy canes look “perfect” still, bake the brownies without the candy canes and press them into the baked brownie once out of the oven.