Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Vegan Thai Green Curry
If you can’t track down a vegan-friendly green curry paste near you – never fear! You can make your own at home and control the spiciness for fellow (but mellow) friends
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 white onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- ½ head of broccoli
- 3 big marrows sliced in coins
- 1 punnet of button mushrooms sliced
- 1 tin coconut cream
- ½ tin water see below
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup sliced fine beans
- 10 baby corn
- 2 3 green chilies, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Bunch of fresh coriander
- Add olive oil to big wok and heat up.
- Add green curry paste to the wok and mix with oil for the flavor to be released.
- Add onions, garlic and ginger and coat in green curry mix. Turn down heat and cook till browned.
- Add broccoli and marrows and coat in mix.
- Add mushrooms, carrots, coconut milk, brown sugar, and water and bring to a boil (tip: use the coconut milk tin to add the water).
- Turn down heat and simmer curry for 10 minutes.
- Add baby corn and sliced beans and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for another 10 minutes until vegetables all soft, but still crunchy.
- Remove from heat. Add fresh coriander, lemon juice and soy sauce and mix through. Taste sauce and season with more curry paste, salt and pepper if necessary.
- Garnish with more fresh coriander and serve with basmati rice, couscous or bulgur wheat.