Don’t forget the pan-griddled bread to dip in when you’re done!
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 courgette sliced into medium cubes
- 1 aubergine chopped into medium cubes
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 jar 450g roast red peppers drained and chopped up
- 1 can crushed tomatoes or tomatoes
- 1 tsp balmamic glaze
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch chill flakes – optional
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a large pan, add the oil and then fry the onion for 10 minutes until soft.
- Add the chopped veg and fry for a further 5- 7 minutes until the veg softens.
- Now add in the smoked paprika, thyme, cumin and tomato purée, stir to combine.
- Add the tomatoes and roast peppers, cover and cook for 15 minutes until everything softens.
- You can now add the balsamic, seasonings and chickpeas. Stir to combine and check the seasoning.
- Turn off the heat and add the extra virgin olive oil.
Pan griddled bread;
- Heat a griddle pan to medium.
- Brush some extra virgin olive oil onto all both sides of the bread. Sprinkle with sea salt
- Add to the pan and toast on one side the flip until toasted on the other side.
- Add all the ingredients to a jar and mix to combine.