Reading Time: < 1 minute
- 6 cups cooked steamed Japanese or short grain rice
- 1 cup homemade or store bought vegan kimchi
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms or tofu
- 1 cup beansprouts ot beansprout salad kongnamul
- 1 cup spinach or spinach salad sigumchinamul
- 1/4 cup sliced onion leeks optional for topping
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds optional for topping
- Sesame oil for drizzling
- 2 tbsp gochujang
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
To make the gochujang sauce, mix all sauce ingredients together until smooth! Feel free to add/lessen water depending on desired consistency.
Sauté the veggies and mushrooms/tofu separately in a non-stick pan. Season them with some salt and sesame oil, to taste. Finish off with sesame seeds.
Assemble the bowls by placing the place. Top with the cooked tofu/mushrooms and veggies. Add in 1-2 tbsp gochujang sauce (feel free to adjust depending on desired spice) for each bowl and finish off with sesame seeds, drizzle of sesame oil, and chopped leeks, if using.
Mix everything together and enjoy!