- 1 butternut squash or small pumpkin – cut into small pieces and deseeded
- 2 cups of pearl barley
- 1 shallot finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic – crushed
- 750 ml of veggie stock
- The seeds of 1 pomegranate
- A generous handful of rocket
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
- Around 100g of feta style vegan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add the chopped butternut squash, shallot & garlic to a large tray.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add in the barley and cover with the veggie stock. Mix everything together.
- Cover with some foil and roast in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil and cook for another 5-10 minutes until all the water has evaporated and the barley is soft.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds, rocket, and lemon juice.
- Serve with an extra drizzle of olive oil and the crumbled vegan feta.