This seasonal salad featuring vegan feta is utterly delicious, filling and flavoursome but also super simple
- 1 butternut squash or small pumpkin – cut into small pieces and deseeded
- 2 cups of pearl barley
- 1 shallot finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic – crushed
- 750 ml of veggie stock
- The seeds of 1 pomegranate
- A generous handful of rocket
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
- Around 100g of feta style vegan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
Add the chopped butternut squash, shallot & garlic to a large tray.
Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Add in the barley and cover with the veggie stock. Mix everything together.
Cover with some foil and roast in the oven for 40 minutes.
Remove the foil and cook for another 5-10 minutes until all the water has evaporated and the barley is soft.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds, rocket, and lemon juice.
Serve with an extra drizzle of olive oil and the crumbled vegan feta.