Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Baked Hispi Cabbage In Smokey Tomatoes & Tahini
- 1 hispi/pointed cabbage sliced in half
- Splash olive oil
- Sea salt
Smokey Tomato Sauce
- 3 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 1 red onion – chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 6 very ripe fresh tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato tapanade – use tomato purée if you can’t find it
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Big twist black pepper
- Pinch chilli flakes (optional
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- Pinch sea salt
- Splash water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
To cook the cabbage:
- Heat a griddle or large frying pan with a little oil.
- Place the two sides of cabbage (inside down) onto the pan and griddle for aprox 5 minutes on a medium heat until nicely charred.
- Remove from the pan and cut lengthways into quarters.
- Add back to the pan, uncooked sides down and griddle for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Add the four quarters to a high sided baking tray with a little more oil and pinch of sea salt.
To make the sauce:
- In the mean time – Add your oil and onion to a wide bottom pan and fry gently on a low heat for around 10 minutes until soft and browning.
- Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds more.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato tapenade, paprika and oregano to the pan and cook on a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the salt, black pepper and optional chilli flakes and to the pan and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Now transfer the sauce to the baking tray with the cabbage, underneath and around.
- Bake on 180c for 20 minutes.
To make the tahini dressing:
- Add all the ingredients to a jar and mix to combine.
- Drizzle with tahini dressing and top with herbs/leaves.