Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Whole-Wheat Chocolate Breakfast Bread
- 210 grams whole wheat flour about 1 3/4 cup
- 1/4 heaping cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup coffee
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbs peanut butter
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cover a loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, add the ripe bananas to the bowl. Mix on medium until the bananas are smooth.
- In the mixing bowl add coffee, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, almond extract and peanut butter. Mix on low until everything is combined.
- Taking your dry ingredients, slowly add them to your wet mixture. It is best to hand stir these together as it is important not to over stir the bread batter.
- Transfer the bread batter to the loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes to one hour. Insert a toothpick into the center to make sure the bread is cooked thoroughly. Removing the bread from the oven before it is completely baked will cause the center to sink.
- Allow the chocolate bread to fully cool before slicing.
- Enjoy toasted, topped with peanut butter, or simply as it is. Slice the bread into slices and freeze for an easy, healthy and quick heat-and-eat breakfast or snack.