Gaz Oakley puts his plant-based spin on this Turkish classic: Lahmacun
- 2 tbs Vegetable Oil
- 1 Red Onion finely chopped
- 1 Red Chilli finely chopped
- 4 Cloves of Garlic minced
- 3 tsp Sea Salt
- Half a Large Aubergine/Eggplant cut small
- 2 cups/220g Vegan Mince
- 1 tbs Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Ground All Spice
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Dried Rose Petals
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 cups/480ml Water
- 4 tbsp Tomato Puree
- Handful Greek Basil roughly chopped
- Handful Fresh Thyme roughly chopped
- Handful Flat Leaf Parsley roughly chopped
- Zest & Juice of Half a Lemon
- 2 tsp Dried Chilli for extra spice (optional)
- 4 cups Strong White Bread Flour
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 & 1/2 cups Luke Warm Water
- 2 tsp Active Dried Yeast
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
Mint Yogurt Dip
- Handful Fresh Mint
- Half a Cucumber seeds removed and cubed small
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 cup/200g Non Dairy Yoghurt
- Pinch Salt & Pepper
- Pomegranate seeds
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Pistachio Nuts
- Fresh Mint
- Make the pizza dough.
- Sauté the onion, chilli, garlic & aubergine over a medium heat in a large saucepan with the sea salt for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the vegan mince & spices to the pan & allow everything to cook for a further 4 minutes stirring often so nothing burns.
- Deglaze the pan with the water and tomato puree. Then add the herbs & lemon.
- Cook the mix for 5-6 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Roll your bread dough and spread generous amounts of the sauce over the top.
- Bake in a pre heated oven set at 220 degrees C for 10-12 minutes.
- For the yoghurt dip, simply add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl & mix.
- Top your cooked pizzas with a drizzle of the yoghurt, pomegranate seeds, rocket, fresh mint & pistachio nuts.