- 1/2 cup white rice dry
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cup water
Vegan Ground ‘Beef’
- 3 oz ground ‘beef’ crumbles [85g]
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 onion [25g]
Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups potato chopped
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/2 cup vegan cheddar shreds optional but highly encouraged
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk, unflavored and unsweetened
- 6 to rtillas
- 1 cup vegan cheddar shreds
- 1 1/2 tbsp
- 3 tbsp
- Spray oil oil or vegan butter for pan
- If you are going to make the cheese sauce using the above recipe and not the Trader Joe’s cashew fiesta dip way prepare cheese sauce first.
- Boil the potatoes, cashews and carrots for 20 minutes or until everything is soft. Once the potatoes, cashews and carrots are done cooking strain them if there is any water left. Place it into a blender along with the nutritional yeast, salt, vegan cheddar shreds and non-dairy milk. Blend until smooth. You may need to add more non-dairy milk to get it very smooth. Taste it and make sure there is enough salt.
- Begin the rice by bringing it to a boil and then dropping it to a simmer for 15-20 minutes or until all water has been absorbed. Rice should be fluffy. Once it has cooked add in the taco seasoning, tomato sauce and salt. Stir to combine.
- To prepare the vegan ground “beef” start by adding the oil and onion into a pan on a low heat. Once the onions are translucent and fragrant add in the ground “beef” and cook for 5-10 minutes. Add in the taco seasoning.
- Make the quesadilla by adding a bit of spray oil, oil or vegan butter into a pan on a low heat. Add in 1/3 cup of vegan cheese in between two tortillas. Place a lid on top to help the cheese melt better. After 3-5 minutes vegan cheese should be melted. DO NOT BURN THE QUESADILLA. It is easier to roll the quesadilla up when it is softer.
- Take the quesadilla out and turn the stove off.
- You are going to make 3 quesaritos from the ingredients so spilt them evenly into thirds.
- Add the rice, beans, nacho cheese sauce, chiptole mayo and sour cream. Roll it up like a regular burrito.
- Place it back into the warm pan with the stove on low heat. This will help to seal the quesarito up and brown the outside a bit.
- Enjoy with extra cheese sauce or sour cream if you like!