- 1 ½ cups pistachios shells removed and soaked overnight
- 2 cans canned coconut milk chill overnight and use only the thick part from the top of the can
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut oil solid
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- Dark vegan chocolate to serve melted
Preparing The Pistachios:
- To begin you will need to prepare the pistachios by soaking them. Add them to a large bowl, cover with water and refrigerate overnight or for a minimum of 6 hours).
- Rinse the pistachios with clean water and remove as much of the skins as possible.
- They should be coming off easily using your fingers as the water will have loosened them.
- Add all the ingredients to your high-speed blender and blitz until completely smooth and creamy without any lumps.
- Pour the mixture into the ice-cream maker and churn according to the device’s instructions (the one I use needs to churn for about 30-40 minutes).
- Transfer the ice-cream to an airtight container and freeze for 2 hours.
- Allow to defrost for 10 minutes before serving.
- Heat your ice-cream scoop in hot water before scooping.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios and melted dark chocolate