- 1 1/2 cups hazelnut milk homemade or store bought
- 2 frozen ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 cup ice
- 1 2 tbsp vegan chocolate Nutella (I used Jem Organics)
Homemade Hazelnut Milk
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1. Place the hazelnuts in a glass bowl or large glass jar, and cover with filtered water. Allow to soak at room temperature for 12 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain, and discard the soaking liquid. Rinse the hazelnuts once with filtered water.
- 3. Place the hazelnuts and water (as well as the vanilla and salt) and blend on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until the nuts are completely pulverized.
- 4. To strain, place a nut milk bag over a glass bowl, jar or jug.
- 5. Pour the milk into the bag, twisting the bag closed, and gently squeezing it to pass the liquid through.
- 6. Empty the hazelnut pulp aside. You can dehydrate the hazelnut pulp to use in smoothies or to make crusts.
- 7. Rinse your blender container, and pour the strained milk back in.
- 8. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- 9. Top with a drizzle of vegan Nutella or enjoy as it is!