An easy, delicious French toast recipe that has all the flavor and texture you know and love
- 3 4 thick slices of old bread
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk
- 1 vegan egg replacer
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 3 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Cooking spray or a little oil for cooking
- Cut bread into thick slices.
- Prepare vegan egg according to the directions on the package.
- In a deep dish or big bowl add the nutritional yeast, non-dairy milk, turmeric, coconut sugar, cinnamon and prepared vegan egg.
- Whisk it all together until well incorporated.
- Soak each piece of bread in the liquid for 5-10 seconds per side. The older your bread the longer you can soak it for.
- Once all pieces have been soaked bring it over to your pan.
- You can lightly spray with cooking spray or add 1 tsp of oil.
- Cook the pieces of bread on one side for 2-3 minutes on a low heat. Once the bottom is cooked, crispy and golden you can flip it. Cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side. If you use coconut sugar it may turn the French toast slightly red don’t be alarmed.
- Once the toast is cooked add fruit, maple syrup, powdered sugar whatever you like.
This recipe was republished with permission from Plantifully Based. Find the original recipe here.