If you’re looking for a seriously lazy, quick-fix dessert then this is probably the one for you
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 ½ tbsp cashew butter
- ¼ cup vanilla flavored soya milk
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup vegan friendly chocolate chips
- 250 g vegan friendly milk chocolate (use dark chocolate if preferred)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Fill a saucepan approximately ? ways with water and bring to a simmer.
- Add the chocolate and coconut oil to a large heat resistant bowl and sit the bowl on top of the saucepan.
- Allow the steam to heat and melt the chocolate, ensuring that no water gets into the chocolate mixture.
- Once melted, add 1 tbsp of the melted chocolate to each bun case (or just enough to create an even layer of chocolate as the case).
- Allow to cool slightly before sitting the bun cases into the freezer to set for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl; almond flour, coconut flour, salt and coconut sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients; cashew butter and vanilla soya milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix using a spatula or knead with your hands.
- Add the chocolate chips and work them through the mixture as evenly as possible.
- Form the dough into a ball, if for some reason your mixture is too wet of dry you can add more almond flour or soya milk to adjust the consistency.
- Sit the cookie dough into the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Add a tbsp of the cookie dough to each bun case and flatten using a spoon (leaving space around the edges for the chocolate coating).
- Pour the remaining melted chocolate over each cookie cup and place back in the freezer to set for 10 minutes or longer if needed.
- Once ready, garnish with some pink Himalayan salt or seat salt if desired.
This recipe was republished with permission from Addicted To Dates. Find the original recipe here.