Tuck into these delicious, festive, and seriously moreish mini Yorkshire puddings! – By Romy London For Squeaky Bean
For the Yorkshire Puddings (makes 4 large or 6-8 small):
- 100 g plain flour
- 130 g cornflour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (for color, optional)
- 320 ml plant milk
- 4-8 tbsp vegetable oil
For the Russian Dressing:
- 60 g vegan mayo
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sweet paprika powder
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 30 g chilli sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp vegan Worcestershire Sauce (optional)
- salt to taste
For the toppings:
- 1 pack of Squeaky Bean Pastrami Style Slices and/or Squeaky Bean Roast Chicken Flavour Slices
- Prepare your vegan Yorkshire Puddings by filling 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil into each muffin tin hole. Preheat your oven to 200ºC and place the muffin tin inside for 20 minutes to get the oil smoking hot.
- In the meantime, whisk up the rest of your Yorkshire Pudding ingredients. First combine the dry ingredients then carefully pour in the plant milk and stir until well combined and no lumps are left in the batter. Transfer to a jug, so you can easier pour it in the next step.
- Once the oil is hot enough, you have to work carefully, but quickly! Remove the muffin tin from the oven (close the door again as soon as you can) and pour batter into the hot oil of each hole, filling it up until about 1cm below the top. You should hear it sizzle at this point.
- As quickly as you carefully can, transfer the muffin tin back into the hot oven and shut the door.
- Allow your puddings to cook for 20-25 minutes, not opening the oven door during the cooking process until they look crisp and golden. In the meantime, whisk up your Russian dressing in a small bowl.
- Once ready, take the puddings out of the oven and allow them to rest for 5 minutes before removing them from the muffin tin.
- Stuff your puddings with the Squeaky Bean Pastrami Style and Roast Chicken Flavour Slices and drizzle the Russian dressing on top before serving. Enjoy!