A healthy, delicious twist on a Malay dish, full of protein and no oil at all!
- 200 g Tempeh
- 2 fresh red chillies one for processing, one for slicing2 shallots
- Assorted microgreens or spring onions
- 1. Cut tempeh into triangles
- 2. Set aside sliced chili and sliced shallot.
- 3?. Sambal sauce: Process the remaining chili slices, shallot, garlic, galangal, tamarind pulp, tomato, ginger root, sugar, salt, soy sauce and miso in a blender till smooth.
- 4. Pour sauce onto tempeh slices and mix till well-coated. Add in sliced chilli and shallot.
- 5. Place tempeh mixture onto non-stick dehydrator sheet and dehydrate at 45 degrees Celsius for 2.5 hours or until desired texture. Alternatively pan fry the tempeh or bake in oven.
- 6?. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe has been republished with permission from Raw Chef Yin. To master making tempeh from scratch at home, check out Yin’s Online Tempeh Course!