- 300 g/1¾ cups plain flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 115 g/½ cup golden caster sugar
- 130 g/⅔ cup soft light brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 190 g/⅞ cup vegan butter we used Naturli block, very slightly softened
- 1¾ tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp ground flaxseed combined with 3 tbsp water, mixed in a bowl and set aside
- 150 g/¾ cup frozen raspberries
- 150 g/5 oz vegan white chocolate broken into small chunks, plus a little extra for (optional) drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (fan)/350ºF/Gas Mark 4.
- Grease and line a deep square baking tray (20cm x 20cm).
- Dry ingredients
- In a large mixing bowl, combine thoroughly and set aside.
- Wet ingredients
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients until creamy and soft.
- Spoon the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and combine. You’ll probably need to use your hands to form into a soft dough.
- Firmly and evenly press the dough into the lined baking tray.
- Evenly press the frozen raspberries and white chocolate firmly into the mixture.
- Place the tray in the oven for around 30 minutes. Check after 15 minutes and if it is browning too quickly then cover it with tin foil and place back in the oven.
- Best served warm and gooey.