Delicious brownies topped with a festive creamy cashew based pumpkin spice frosting – perfect for trick or treaters!
- 2 cups walnuts
- ¼ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 12 Medjool dates pitted
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- ½ cup cacao powder
Pumpkin Spice Cashew Frosting
- 1 cup cashews soaked in water for 6 hours and rinsed
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- Pinch of ground cloves
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil solid
- ½ cup dark chocolate drops vegan (friendly)
- To make the base begin by adding the walnuts and salt to your food processor.
- Blitz until they form a light crumb consistency.
- Add the cacao powder and blend for another minute to combine.
- Lastly add the dates and cashew butter and blend further for a couple of minutes until the mixture starts to stick together to form a dough.
- Line your baking dish/lunch box with parchment paper and press the brownie dough evenly into the base of the pan.
- Alternatively you can roll the brownie dough out between 2 sheets of parchment paper using a rolling pin.
- Set the brownie dough aside in the fridge.
- For the pumpkin frosting, add all your ingredients to a high speed blender and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the frosting to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. The mixture should thicken slightly, if it is still runny, place it in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Stir the icing and ice the top of the brownies using a spatula.
- Refrigerate the brownies for another hour.
- Cut the brownie into serving sizes and top with dark chocolate drops.