Reading Time: < 1 minute
- 50 g sunflower seeds rinsed and then soaked in warm water for 2 hours
- 300 ml water
- 4 tbsp 10g nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp psyllium husk mixed with 1tbsp water
- 2 tbsp 20g cornstarch
- 2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 40 g coconut oil deodorized, to avoid coconut taste
- 1 tbsp agar agar optional
- *the agar agar will give the cheese a more firm texture when it cools down so it can be good to allow you to cut the cheese for sandwiches, toasties etc.
Blend all the ingredients in a high-speed blender until nice and smooth.
Pour the mix into a pan or a pot and cook on medium heat, whisking continuously to keep the texture smooth and to prevent the bottom of the pan from burning.
At one point (within about 3-4 minutes) the cheese will begin to thicken. When it becomes nice and stringy you know it’s ready.