Vegan “tuna” that taste like Tuna! One of the first recipes I got stuck into when I went vegan, I didn’t believe in it at first but when I made it and tried it I was blown away! I like to call it “chuna” because it is made using chickpeas which means it’s high in protein too!
- 1 can cooked chickpeas in water
- ¼ cup vegan mayonaise
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp nori sheet flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 capers
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- ¼ cup red onion
- Finley slice the red onion and capers.
- Using a fork or a food processor, blend or mash the chickpeas up until you get the desired consistency.
- Add all ingredients into the same bowl and mix.
- Best served chilled on toast, in a sandwich, with salad or a jacket potato!
This recipe has been republished with permission. You can find the original recipe here.