- 2 tbsp oil divided
- ½ red pepper sliced
- ½ green pepper sliced
- ½ yellow onion sliced
- ½ cup mushrooms sliced
- ½ package 8 oz. seitan, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 slices vegan provolone
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add peppers and onion. Heat until they start to soften, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Clean pan and add second tablespoon of oil. Add seitan, oregano, and paprika. Cook, stirring frequently, until the seitan browns on both sides, about five minutes.
- While seitan is cooking, add provolone slices and water to a saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring continuously, until it becomes saucy.
- Place quinoa in a bowl and top with seitan and vegetables. Spoon cheese sauce on top and serve immediately.