The fragrant flavors of pad Thai combined with creamy coconut milk and noodles to make a delicious dish to get you through the cold Winter months
- 1 nest of ramen [70g]
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 4 oz extra firm tofu cubed
- 4 small heads bok choy chopped [80g]
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/4 shallot diced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 lime
- 1/8 cup roasted peanuts chopped [14g]
- 3 4 stalks green onion
- Microgreens and sesame seeds
Pad Thai Sauce
- 1 tbsp organic brown sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1/8 lime juiced
- Prepare the Pad Thai sauce by adding all the ingredients into a bowl and whisking together. If you do not like your food spicy add less sriracha.
- In a pot add 1 tsp of sesame oil, the shallots and garlic. Cook on a low heat for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add in the broth, coconut milk and Pad Thai sauce. Bring to a boil.
- While waiting for it to boil you can chop up the bok choy, peanuts, green onion and tofu.
- In a pan add 1 tsp of sesame oil and pan fry the tofu until crispy.
- Once the soup is boiling add the ramen, bok choy and half of the green onion. Mix together and boil until ramen is cooked.
- When the soup is done and tofu is crispy you are ready to plate the soup!
- Add it into a big bowl and top with extra lime juice, lime, sriracha if you like, peanuts, remaining green onion and microgreens.
- If you want to make it even more like Pad Thai you could add in bean sprouts, vegan scrambled egg or even make the soup with Pad Thai noodles.
This recipe was republished with permission from Plantifully Based. Find the original recipe here.