This chickpea tuna salad is the perfect option for an easy vegan lunch. You can have it on a sandwich, on an avocado, or wrapped up in lettuce leaves
- 1 14 oz can of organic garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp red onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp carrots finely chopped
- 2 tbsp celery finely chopped
- 2 tbsp almonds finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- pinch crushed red pepper optional
- 1 ripe avocado sliced and pitted for stuffing
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. [Note: you can save the aquafaba for later use.]
- In a large bowl, mash the chickpeas thoroughly.
- Add the mayonnaise, onions, carrots, celery, almonds, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper (optional). Mix thoroughly.
- Add a large spoonful of the chickpea tuna salad to each avocado.
This recipe was republished with permission from Herbivore’s Kitchen. Find the original recipe here.