- 2 T plant based butter, divided
- 1 block firm tofu pressed and crumbled
- ½ t turmeric
- ½ t granulated onion or onion powder
- ¼ t smoked paprika
- 1/2 white onion rough diced
- 1/2 bell pepper diced (any color)
- ¼ C 32 grams red cabbage, sliced
- 1 C 225 grams baby spinach
- 2 t oil
- 2 Harissa marinated Aubergine (from the
- 1 t nutritional yeast
- 1 pinch coarse sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 slices vegan cheese
- 2 large soft flour tortilla shells
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add plant-based butter to melt.
- Add crumbled tofu. If you have a second skillet add on top to press out excess water. Allow to cook for a few minutes, then remove top skillet and stir. Continue to cook and stir until all the tofu liquid cooks off.
- Add turmeric, granulated onion and smoked paprika, and stir to combine. Move scramble to one side of the skillet.
- To the empty side, add some more butter, onion, bell peppers, and cabbage into skillet, stir, and cook.
- Add spinach, stir gently to combine. Move veggies and spinach to the same side as the scramble.
- Add a splash of oil to empty section of skillet. Add harissa eggplants to skillet.
- As aubergine cooks, add nutritional yeast to tofu scramble with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir tofu scramble and vegetables.
- Add PepperJack Slices to the top of the scramble and vegetables and turn eggplant and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Spoon half of the scramble/veggie mixture into one tortilla shell, add one eggplant, fold ends in and roll burrito. Repeat to assemble second burrito.
- Slice in half and serve immediately.