Calling all waffle lovers – this delicious breakfast only takes ten minutes to make. So, what are you waiting for?
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 cup plant based milk add 1/4 extra if the mixture is too thick.
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp milled flaxseeds
- Make a flax egg using 1 tbsp of flax seeds with 2 tbsp of water. Let this sit for 5-10 mins.
- Add 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar to your plant-based milk. Let this sit and turn into buttermilk.
- Add all your dry ingredients into a bowl, mix well and then mash in the banana.
- Mix in the flax egg and plant-based milk together.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients into one bowl. Don’t over mix! Then add the mixture to a waffle iron. If the mixture is too thick at a bit more plant-based milk. If the mixture is too runny add more oat flour.
This recipe was republished with permission from Rachel Ama. Find the original recipe here.