Light and fluffy miniature-sized pancakes that come together in 5 minutes and make a deliciously simple, healthy and fun breakfast or snack
- 100 g oat or plain flour grind oats into a flour in a blender
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 120 ml plant based milk
- 2 tbsp syrup
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Coconut oil for frying
- To serve: fresh or frozen fruit yoghurt, syrup, nut butter
- 1. To a bowl add the flour, bicarbonate of soda and stir. Whisk in the milk, syrup and lemon juice until thick and smooth. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
2. Pour the batter into a piping bag or resealable bag and cut the end off (or skip this step to use a spoon). Heat some coconut oil in a large frying pan and pipe some of the pancake batter to form mini pancakes, about the size of a Â£2 coin. Or, use a teaspoon to drop the batter into the pan. Cook the pancakes for 1-2 minutes until cooked underneath, flip over and cook on the second side. Repeat to cook all the pancakes.
3. Serve warm or cold with fruit, yoghurt, syrup and nut butter.
This recipe was republished with permission from Nourishing Amy. Find the original recipe here.