- 1.5 lbs fingerling potatoes
- 2 tbsp safflower oil or other heat tolerant cooking oil
- 1 tbsp garlic crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- chimichurri sauce
- Carefully wash the potatoes. Leave the skins intact.
- Preheat the oven to 400º.
- Set up a steamer basket in a large stockpot with 1-2” of water in the bottom. Bring to a boil. Add the fingerling potatoes and steam for ~20 minutes until the potatoes can easily be pierced with a fork.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Arrange the steamed potatoes on the sheet, allowing for space between each potato.
- Using a potato masher, smash the potatoes until they are ~ ½” thick.
- Drizzle with the safflower oil and evenly distribute the crushed garlic. Sprinkle with the salt.
- Bake on the middle rack for 40-45 minutes until the potatoes’ edges are browned and crispy.
- Serve with chimichurri sauce, following the recipe linked above to make fresh if required.