Reading Time: < 1 minute
Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion diced
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 heaped tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 medium broccoli cut into small florets, 450g
- 1/3 cup / 80ml vegetable broth
- one 15oz can of chickpeas rinsed and drained
- cooked rice of choice for serving
- 1/2 cup of water 120ml
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion, ginger, garlic, and all spices. Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
Add broccoli florets and vegetable broth. Fry until the broccoli is tender but not soft, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare the sauce: In a medium bowl, combine water, soy sauce, vinegar, maple syrup, and cornstarch. Whisk.
Pour the sauce in the pan and add chickpeas.
Bring to a boil until the sauce simmers. Fry for a further few minutes.
Taste and adjust seasonings. Add more salt/pepper/cayenne pepper if needed.
Serve alone or with cooked rice. Enjoy!