- 1 lb dry fettuccini noodles
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 cup cashew pieces
- 3/4 cup pasta water reserved
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- fresh parsley optional
- fresh ground pepper
- Put 1 cup of cashew pieces in a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Fill with 2 cups of boiling water. Set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of salt to 4 quarts of water in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil. Add the fettuccini pasta and cook to al dente. Testing the doneness of the pasta often.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 3/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Drain and rinse the cashews. Combine the cashews, pasta water, garlic, fresh lemon juice, nutritional yeast and salt in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. The sauce should become warm in the blender.
- Gently toss the cooked pasta in the cashew cream sauce. Serve with fresh parsley, fresh cracked pepper and vegan parmesan cheese.