This Vegan Fettuccini Alfredo the ultimate in dairy-free comfort food!
- 1 lb dry fettuccini noodles
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 cup cashew pieces
- 3/4 cup pasta water reserved
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- fresh parsley optional
- fresh ground pepper
- Put 1 cup of cashew pieces in a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Fill with 2 cups of boiling water. Set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of salt to 4 quarts of water in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil. Add the fettuccini pasta and cook to al dente. Testing the doneness of the pasta often.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 3/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Drain and rinse the cashews. Combine the cashews, pasta water, garlic, fresh lemon juice, nutritional yeast and salt in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. The sauce should become warm in the blender.
- Gently toss the cooked pasta in the cashew cream sauce. Serve with fresh parsley, fresh cracked pepper and vegan parmesan cheese.
This recipe was republished with permission from Herbivore’s Kitchen. Find the original recipe here.