Plating up something fancy doesn’t need to take a lot of effort! Check out this dressed up take on plain old lentils for dinner
- 150 g red lentils
- 1 tsp dried turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp dried marjoram
- 1 tsp marmite
- 1 tsp stock powder
- 600 ml water
- 2 pears
- 1 fennel bulb
- Set your oven to 200c.
- Add the lentils, spices, marjoram, marmite, stock powder and water to a pan. Bring to a simmer.
- Cut the pears and fennel into slices, put onto two separate baking trays with baking paper.
- Bake the fennel for around 40 minutes and the pears for 15-20 minutes until caramelised.
- Add a circle of lentils to your plate, some pear and fennel. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was developed by Luke Harwood during their time at The Vegan Chef School. To find out more about masterclasses and vegan chef courses, both in person or online, visit The Vegan Chef School here.
You can follow Luke’s vegan chef journey on Instagram.